Sunchowder's Emporia has moved to a hosted WordPress blog!

You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds.

If not, please visit http://www.sunchowdersemporia.com

Remember to update your bookmarks and sign up for the RSS feed.


Search This Blog

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Recipe Development


One of my favorite parts of my business are the recipe creation. I get to sit and do a bit of research on recipes that are already working out in the world and have been created by those who have come long before me. I really enjoy doing the research and love the quietness of being at the computer and then pouring through my cookbook collection. I usually use about four different recipes to create my "base" recipe. I then have to sit and crunch the math to work the proportions and ensure the recipe maintains the correct acid proportions. For me, then comes the best part. I kind of go into this zone and rely on my intuition to add or layer new spices and flavors into the mixture. I guess this is where Wendy the Witch comes in....bubbling and brewing! It is the most creative and exciting part for me, when I just get to totally relax, have fun and trust myself, it is what I call divine. More on this later :)

No comments:

Post a Comment